Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thing

Slummin' it, Jessie-Style.
Or to put it more romanticly, Guide to La vie Boheme in October, location: Barcelona.

Xampanaria (don't know if I'm spelling it right). But this place (like I said in the last blog) is aweessoome. With less than 5 euros in your pocket, you can get stuffed and totally obliterated on cava and greasy, cheesy, meaty amazingness. So if sticking to drinking at home is getting old, get your friends and go to Xampanaria in Barceloneta. For, it seems like most Spaniards prefer to go out rather than entertain in their tiny apartments. So this place is always packed!
Lots of fun to be had here.




And if you're like me, a good afternoon for you is spent doing almost nothing. I personally don't get tired of doing nothing in particular, as long as I'm not confined to my apartment. So sit in the MACBA courtyard and watch these (often sweaty yet pretty) skaters show off. They are also providing me with a lot of inspiration for sketches. yay! another free thing to do!


May not be the most economic activity (since you should pay about 6-12 euros for a beverage), but this little oasis my friend told me about is fantastic! At the top of this hotel, is a lovely little pool with views of the entire city. When it's sunny and warm, it's perfect to work on a journal entry or a tan up there without the noise and filth that common folk normally produce on the beach. Quite a glamourous afternoon in Raval. Also, a very good place to meet rich people that can give you money and support your artistic genius! ha!


(that's me sipping a huge beer next to the pool, and the other photo underneath is of one of the views from that roof! cool eh!?)

So yes, being unemployed again will be tough. Especially if you have friends who can afford the lifestyle of shopping, going out and drinking every night. They are all generous and lovely people, but I don't enjoy being a moocher, so it's difficult to get them to understand that the reason for me not coming out is not because I don't like them, but I just can't afford it! And getting another well paying job at this point just won't really work. It isn't fair for the employer, since I'm leaving in... A MONTH TODAY! (shit. it's really only a month now.)
But it will be an interesting challenge to try and make my last bits of cash last until the end of the month (when I am leaving).

Anyone wanna buy a painting/drawing?? :) check out the latest goods: jessiemcneil.blogspot.com (will post up more soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
No, I didn't come to Barcelona because of THAT movie. (although it did fuel my obsession with this city, slightly). First time living away from home, away from Canada... Thinking it's gonna be an adventure. I want to share my ups and downs with you during my European get away, so enjoy. :)