Friday, April 2, 2010

Place



Once again, it's Barcelona.

Today, last year, was my departure date from YVR to BCN. I can't believe it's been a year. That 9 months there were some of the best of my life (many more to come of course).
I can't really explain how much that place means to me. It's the kind of city that overwhelms and scares you at first, with all the people, the tension of Las Ramblas and other panic-y tourist packed sections. At least that is how I felt. GET ME OUT OF HERE!
But I knew that it was a place that needed another chance. You can't realize it's enchantment in a matter of days (or maybe you can, if you don't get pick-pocketed and are able relax easily). The warm terra cotta shades of the narrow streets. The brilliant summer light of midday, dimming to a warm satisfying glow in the evening. My long walks and bike rides. It's festivals and traditions. A croissant and hot café con leche on an August morning, at an hour just before it becomes too stifling to walk anywhere. The sparkling cava and fresh sea food...
I won't go on an on, (and you know I can). Just wanted to express thanks to those that made my stay in Barcelona so very special.
xox you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
No, I didn't come to Barcelona because of THAT movie. (although it did fuel my obsession with this city, slightly). First time living away from home, away from Canada... Thinking it's gonna be an adventure. I want to share my ups and downs with you during my European get away, so enjoy. :)