Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Person

It's me.

I don't know if it's the song the teenage boy is playing in the next room, or croissant withdrawl, but I'm feeling a little anxious. I've never experienced this before, the transition from tourist to local. For example, I joined a few hundred tourists this morning in Parc Guell and then in the afternoon, I had a long session of thinking about starting a bank account and getting my residency card to start my job hunt.
It's great in some ways, but I'm wondering if the local thing is gonna last more than 3 months. I like this city. The weather is fine right now. Although, my social network is far too small, have barely touched a discoteque here, and my grasp of the Spanish language is slowing getting better but not good enough to chat easily with a local. It's a frustrating time.
I know most of you may be thinking, "What the hell girl? relax! You are in Spain for crying out loud. Enjoyyyy!" But if I want to "enjoyyy" (i.e being able to afford pretty shoes and maintain a comfortable lifestyle of eating proper meals) and seriously settle here for more than 3 months, I need to think about things. Like looking into schools, getting a job... I guess one thing at a time. I should shut my brain off and the voices of certain people and just look at pretty things like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain
No, I didn't come to Barcelona because of THAT movie. (although it did fuel my obsession with this city, slightly). First time living away from home, away from Canada... Thinking it's gonna be an adventure. I want to share my ups and downs with you during my European get away, so enjoy. :)